The entire membership of the Orca DX and Contest Club thanks all who attended the July 25-27, 2014, Pacific Northwest DX Convention.
Great People, Stellar Location
View Larger Map
Our venue for 2014 was the beautiful Inn at the Quay in New Westminster, just 25 minutes by SkyTrain southeast of downtown Vancouver and 20 minutes north of the "Peace Arch" BC-Washington border crossing.
Soaring above the spectacular Fraser River, the conference centre is adjacent to Pier Park boardwalk and the bustling River Market. Nearby, New West Station offers an abundance of restaurants and movie theatres.
Pacific Northwest DX Convention
The PNW DX Convention has been held every summer since 1955 with the sponsorship rotating between:
- Willamette Valley DX Club (WVDXC)
- British Columbia DX Club (BCDXC)
- Western Washington DX Club (WWDXC)
- Spokane DX Association (SDXA)
This year's 59th annual DX Convention was hosted by the Orca DX and Contest Club, which formed in 2010 and now welcomes the privilege of hosting the conference when it is in British Columbia every fourth year.
Together, these clubs have upheld the rich traditions of amateur radio and the pursuit of DX through five solar cycles. Over the decades, we have enjoyed wonderful friendships and the very special international cameraderie that ham radio fosters in the Pacific Northwest and around the world.
- Dave Johnson VE7VR - Chair
- Steve Wright VE7CT - Vice Chair
- Rebecca Kimoto VA7BEC - Logistics
- Dave Shipman VA7AM - Registration and budget
- Fred Orsetti VE7IO - Printing and more
- Dick Moen N7RO - US Advisor
- Ralph Parker VE7XF - Audio/Visual Advisor
- Paul Peters VE7BZ - Island Advisor
- Bud Mortenson VA7ST - Web, Interior Advisor